Access to the complete content on Law Trove requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
Please subscribe or login to access full text content.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access code, please see the information provided with the code or instructions printed within the title for information about how to register your code.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. The organization of the courts
- 3. Sources of law
- 4. The Human Rights Act 1998
- 5. The legislative process
- 6. Statutory interpretation
- 7. Case law, precedent, and judicial law-making
- 8. The civil justice process
- 9. The Woolf reforms to civil justice
- 10. Recent trends in the criminal justice system
- 11. Police powers
- 12. The prosecution process
- 13. The trial process
- 14. Criminal appeals and the post-appeal process
- 15. The provision of legal services
- 16. The structure and functions of the judiciary
- 17. Judicial appointments
- 18. Lay adjudication
- 19. Funding of legal services