- David Harris, David HarrisEmeritus Professor in Residence, and Co-Director, Human Rights Law Centre, University of Nottingham
- Michael O’Boyle, Michael O’BoyleDeputy Registrar of the European Court of Human Rights (2006–2015)
- Ed Bates, Ed BatesAssociate Professor, School of Law, University of Leicester
- Carla BuckleyCarla BuckleyResearch Fellow, Human Rights Law Centre, University of Nottingham
- and Paul HarveyPaul HarveyBarrister, Doughty Street Chambers and Advocate, Arnot Manderson Advocates
This chapter focuses on admissibility requirements. It discusses the general approach to admissibility; the application of admissibility requirements to individual and inter-state cases; the exhaustion of domestic remedies; the six-month rule; other grounds of inadmissibility; and the competence of the Court.