The Concentrate Questions and Answers series offers the best preparation for law students tackling exam questions. Each book includes typical questions, bullet-pointed answer plans, suggested answers, author commentary and illustrative diagrams and flowcharts.
This book offers clear advice on what to expect in typical employment law exams. It addresses a wide range of employment law topics that are most often encountered in employment law courses, including questions on ‘mixed’ topics. The book provides sample essay and problem questions to allow students to practise and refine exam skills. These are supported by suggested answers and diagram plans. Detailed author commentary explains what examiners are looking for, traps to avoid, and how students can best achieve their potential. This book also includes separate chapters on skills and tips for success in both exams and in coursework assessments. It is an ideal tool to help support revision or to use throughout studies to help review learning.
Keywords:employment status, express and implied terms, contract of employment, continuity of employment, unfair dismissal, statutory redundancy payments, equality law, equal pay, working time, trade unions
Please sign in to access the full content.
Access to the full content requires a subscription
- 1. Exam skills for success in employment law
- 2. Employment status
- 3. Express and implied terms
- 4. Termination of the contract of employment
- 5. Continuity of employment
- 6. Statutory employment protection and related contractual issues
- 7. Unfair dismissal
- 8. Statutory redundancy payments and consultation procedures
- 9. Equality law
- 10. Equal pay and family rights
- 11. Statutory rights regulating the employment relationship
- 12. Trade unions and industrial action
- 13. Collective bargaining
- 14. Mixed topic questions
- 15. Skills for success in coursework assessments