Essential Cases: Tort Law provides a bridge between course textbooks and key case judgments. Essential Cases provides you with succinct summaries of some of the landmark and most influential cases in tort law. Each summary begins with a review of the main case facts and decision. The summary is then concluded with expert commentary on the case from the author, Craig Purshouse, including his assessment of the wider questions raised by the decision.
Please sign in to access the full content.
Access to the full content requires a subscription
- Part 1: Duty of Care—General
- Part 2: Duty of Care—Psychiatric Injury
- Part 3: Duty of Care—Pure Economic Loss
- Part 4: Breach of Duty
- Part 5: Causation (Cause-in-Fact and Remoteness)
- Part 6: Defences to Negligence
- Part 7: Occupiers’ Liability
- Part 8: Trespass to the Person and Related Torts
- Part 9: Nuisance and the Rule in Ryands v Fletcher
- Part 10: Defamation
- Part 11: Vicarious Liability
- Part 12: Damages