Each Concentrate revision guide is packed with essential information, key cases, revision tips, exam Q&As, and more. Concentrates show you what to expect in a law exam, what examiners are looking for, and how to achieve extra marks. Business Law Concentrate considers all the essential issues relating to business law in the English legal system, including EU law and the potential implications of Brexit. The first half of the book looks at contracts in terms of mistake, misrepresentation, duress, undue influence, contractual terms, consumer protection, and remedies for breach. The next few chapters examine employment and focus on issues including wrongful dismissal, unfair dismissal, redundancy, equal pay claims, and anti-discrimination. The last part considers company law, intellectual property law, and changes to data protection. This updated edition includes important cases in contract law and torts law, employment law, and intellectual property law, including cases from the Supreme Court, The Court of Justice of the European Union, and the Employment Appeal Tribunal. Recent legislation and its effects in these jurisdictions of law are also covered in detail.
Keywords:mistake, misrepresentation, EU law, wrongful dismissal, duress, equal pay claims, unfair dismissal, anti-discrimination law, data protection
Please sign in to access the full content.
Access to the full content requires a subscription
- 1. The English legal system
- 2. Contract I: essential features of a contract
- 3. Contract II: mistake, misrepresentation, duress, and undue influence
- 4. Contract III: contractual terms and statutory protection
- 5. Contract IV: discharge of contract and remedies for breach
- 6. Law of torts
- 7. Employment I: employment status, equal pay, and equality
- 8. Employment II: termination—wrongful dismissal, unfair dismissal, and redundancy
- 9. Company law I: trading structures and forming the business
- 10. Company law II: directors, finance, and capital
- 11. Intellectual property and data protection