p. 564. Drafting legal documents
- Julian Webb, Julian WebbProfessor of Law, University of Melbourne
- Caroline Maughan, Caroline MaughanFormer Visiting Fellow in Law, University of the West of England
- Mike Maughan, Mike MaughanFormer Senior Lecturer in Organisational Behaviour, Gloucestershire Business School
- Marcus Keppel-PalmerMarcus Keppel-PalmerSenior Lecturer in Law, University of the West of England
- and Andrew BoonAndrew BoonProfessor in Law, City Law School, City, University of London
This chapter discusses the skills needed for drafting legal documents. It covers preparing to draft; responsibility for drafting; getting down to drafting; the appearance, style, and content of the draft; the use of grammar and language; the process of amendment; engrossment and completion; construction of documents; applying the ‘plan, write, revise’ approach; and persuasive and informative drafting.