p. 253. Legal writing
- Julian Webb, Julian WebbProfessor of Law, University of Melbourne
- Caroline Maughan, Caroline MaughanFormer Visiting Fellow in Law, University of the West of England
- Mike Maughan, Mike MaughanFormer Senior Lecturer in Organisational Behaviour, Gloucestershire Business School
- Marcus Keppel-PalmerMarcus Keppel-PalmerSenior Lecturer in Law, University of the West of England
- and Andrew BoonAndrew BoonProfessor in Law, City Law School, City, University of London
This chapter discusses the skills needed for effective legal writing. It focuses on the ‘Plan, Write, Revise’ approach to effective writing; strategies for developing the ability to write plain English; how to vary language and style to suit the needs of readers; and being self-critical and continuing to develop writing skills.