p. 11. Introduction
- Julian Webb, Julian WebbProfessor of Law, University of Melbourne
- Caroline Maughan, Caroline MaughanFormer Visiting Fellow in Law, University of the West of England
- Mike Maughan, Mike MaughanFormer Senior Lecturer in Organisational Behaviour, Gloucestershire Business School
- Marcus Keppel-PalmerMarcus Keppel-PalmerSenior Lecturer in Law, University of the West of England
- and Andrew BoonAndrew BoonProfessor in Law, City Law School, City, University of London
This Guide is concerned with the lawyers’ skills that underpin practice as a solicitor and which are introduced during the Legal Practice Course (LPC). It serves as a supplement rather than a substitute for skills training undertaken on the LPC. This introductory chapter briefly discusses the nature of legal skills training and then provides instructions on how to use the present Guide.