- David Harris, David HarrisEmeritus Professor in Residence, and Co-Director, Human Rights Law Centre, University of Nottingham
- Michael O’Boyle, Michael O’BoyleDeputy Registrar of the European Court of Human Rights (2006–2015)
- Ed Bates, Ed BatesAssociate Professor, School of Law, University of Leicester
- Carla BuckleyCarla BuckleyResearch Fellow, Human Rights Law Centre, University of Nottingham
- and Krešimir KamberKrešimir KamberRegistry Lawyer, European Court of Human Rights
This chapter discusses the organization and functions of the European Court of Human Rights. Topics covered include the composition of the Court; the election of judges; the roles of the Court Chambers and the Grand Chamber; pilot judgments; reform of the Court; and the future of the Court.