Access to the complete content on Law Trove requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
Please subscribe or login to access full text content.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access code, please see the information provided with the code or instructions printed within the title for information about how to register your code.
- 1. What is ‘the English legal system’?
- 2. The significance of courts
- 3. Courts in ‘the English legal system’
- 4. Tribunals
- 5. English legal reasoning: the use of case law
- 6. English legal reasoning: reading statutes
- 7. The university law school and law students
- 8. Solicitors and barristers
- 9. Judges and judging
- 10. The civil court in action
- 11. Alternative dispute resolution
- 12. Private security and other non-police agencies
- 13. The public police: uncovering crime and powers of stop and search
- 14. Arrest and detention
- 15. Prosecutions
- 16. The magistrates’ court
- 17. The Crown Court