Access to the complete content on Law Trove requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
Please subscribe or login to access full text content.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access code, please see the information provided with the code or instructions printed within the title for information about how to register your code.
- 1. Introduction to the law of evidence
- 2. The language of the law of evidence
- 3. The judicial function in the law of evidence
- 4. The burden and standard of proof
- 5. Proof without evidence
- 6. Witnesses: Competence and compellability; oaths and affirmations
- 7. Examination in chief
- 8. Cross-examination and beyond
- 9. Corroboration and suspect witness warnings
- 10. The rule against hearsay I: Scope and working of the rule
- 11. The rule against hearsay II: Common law and statutory exceptions
- 12. The rule against hearsay III: Admissions and confessions
- 13. The rule against hearsay IV: The accused’s denials and silence
- 14. Character evidence I: Character evidence generally; in civil cases; evidence of good character
- 15. Character evidence II: Evidence of bad character
- 16. Previous judgments as evidence
- 17. Opinion evidence
- 18. Public interest immunity and privilege I: Public interest immunity
- 19. Public interest immunity and privilege II: Privilege