Access to the complete content on Law Trove requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
Please subscribe or login to access full text content.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access code, please see the information provided with the code or instructions printed within the title for information about how to register your code.
- 1. Introduction to the Law of Evidence
- 2. The Language of the Law of Evidence
- 3. The Judicial Function in the Law of Evidence
- 4. The Burden and Standard of Proof
- 5. Character Evidence I: Character Evidence Generally; In Civil Cases; Evidence of Good Character
- 6. Character Evidence II: Evidence of Bad Character
- 7. The Rule Against Hearsay I: Scope and Working of the Rule
- 8. The Rule Against Hearsay II: Common Law and Statutory Exceptions
- 9. The Rule Against Hearsay III: Admissions and Confessions
- 10. The Rule Against Hearsay IV: The Accused’s Denials and Silence
- 11. Opinion Evidence
- 12. Previous Judgments as Evidence
- 13. Public Interest Immunity and Privilege I: Public Interest Immunity
- 14. Public Interest Immunity and Privilege II: Privilege
- 15. Witnesses: Competence and Compellability; Oaths and Affirmations
- 16. Examination in Chief
- 17. Cross-Examination and Beyond
- 18. Corroboration and Suspect Witness Warnings
- 19. Documentary and Real Evidence
- 20. Proof without Evidence