Access to the complete content on Law Trove requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
Please subscribe or login to access full text content.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access code, please see the information provided with the code or instructions printed within the title for information about how to register your code.
- 1. Understanding the Law
- 2. Finding the Law
- 3. Reading the Law
- 4. From Reading to Writing
- 5. Law, Fact, and Language
- 6. The Doctrine of Judicial Precedent
- 7. How Precedent Operates: Ratio Decidendi and Obiter Dictum
- 8. Making Sense of Statutes
- 9. Interpreting Statutes
- 10. ‘Bringing Rights Home’: Legal Method and the Convention Rights
- 11. European Legal Method
- 12. Exploiting Legal Reasoning